Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Work hard, you'll do well... Yeah right!

Do you ever feel like you are climbing a hill at breakneck speed, but the ground beneath you is moss, so all you do is slide backwards?

I am increasingly coming to the realisation that as long as I put my time, effort and talents into making other people richer I am just wasting my energy for little return. It is time to start selling myself, making contacts and looking after my future, not someone else's. This is all very difficult when growing up in a country where being a tall poppy is frowned upon - but I think I have it in me!

I have options too - start my own business or move somewhere they pay better - either a country or company. But it takes time and planning.

There will be ups and downs and I fundamentally need to change some life long habits...

...join me on my journey to success as I turn moss to concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment